Starting school is a big thing and is often associated with many expectations – both for your child and for you as a parent. For the child, a whole new world opens, and for you as a parent several practical things must be managed – including how to dress your child.
The first years in school will typically be characterized by a lot of outdoor physical activities, almost regardless of the weather. But there will also be more quiet and peaceful moments indoors. To make sure your child is comfortable everywhere, you will need different clothes.
One thing is for sure: All clothes must be practical and safe and of course in a beautiful design.
The clothes must be easy to put on and take off for the child as well as for the teachers if they are to give a helping hand.
In addition, the clothes must be practical and safe, letting your child tumble around carefree in the school yard regardless of the weather or feel comfortable when playing inside.
It is important that your child's outerwear is adapted to the season – your child should not get too cold nor too hot. Also, you must make sure that your child can move freely, and that the outerwear is easy to take off and put on. During Winter, a warm, wind and waterproof snowsuit is indispensable, complemented by a warm, wind and waterproof jacket and matching pants. MINI A TURE classic outerwear is the perfect choice. During Spring and Autumn MINI A TURE thermal wear or softshell is a perfect outerwear solution. In addition, you should consider a set of rainwear, which can easily be packed in the child's backpack.
Especially during winter, it is important to keep small heads and hands warm with hats, gloves, or mittens. A baclava hat is indispensable for the little ones, as it covers the entire head and neck without falling off. To keep the little hands dry and warm regardless of the weather, we recommend gloves or mittens with the same high waterproof rating (WP) as our winter jackets and snowsuits.
BASIS ITEMS – UNDERWEAR
In most schools, there is not much wardrobe space, but it can be a good idea to bring some extra underwear in the child’s backpack without taking up much space.
BASIC ITEMS – TOPS & BOTTOMS
When your child starts school, a lot of new things must be tried in this completely new life. Sometimes a little accident occurs along the way, and therefore it will be a good idea to bring extra clothes to change with, e.g. an extra sweater or sweatshirt.
Make sure to write your child's name on the name tags inside the clothes. This way you avoid the clothes disappearing in the crowd or to come home with another child's clothes because something has been mixed by mistake. All MINI A TURE's clothes include name tags where you can write your child's name.
We have made a small and simple list, with the clothes that your child will need when starting in school.
- Wind and waterproof outerwear. We recommend MINI A TURE classic outerwear. Choose a two-piece set or a snowsuit. MINI A TURE snowsuits are popular up to the age of 8.
- An extra set of rainwear is always nice to have in the bag.
- Transitional clothing. A set of MINI A TURE's thermal wear or softshell is perfect for Spring and Autumn.
- Choose a hat in a quality that suits the season. We recommend MINI A TURE hats in organic cotton for Spring / Summer and merino wool for Autumn / Winter.
- We recommend MINI A TURE classic gloves that are waterproof, windproof, and breathable.
- Extra clothes / tops and bottoms. We recommend MINI A TURE sweatpants and a sweat or knit sweater.
- Extra clothes / underwear. We recommend MINI A TURE underwear packs in soft GOTS-certified cotton.