When your child is about to start in daycare, a lot of questions naturally pop up about how to dress your child in the best possible way. Among other things, you must take different usage situations and different weather conditions into account.
One thing is for sure: All clothes must be practical and safe and of course in a beautiful design.
The clothes must be easy to put on and take off - both for the adults taking care of the children and for the children, when they are old enough to help themselves.
In addition, the clothes must be practical, letting the children play carefree on the playground and roll around in the sandbox on a warm spring day, jump in the snow during Winter or have fun in water puddles during Spring and Autumn.
It is important that your child's outerwear is adapted to the season – your child should not get too cold nor too hot. Also, you must make sure that your child can move freely, and that the outerwear is easy to take off and put on. During Winter, a warm, wind and waterproof snowsuit is indispensable, complemented by a warm, wind and waterproof jacket and matching pants. MINI A TURE classic outerwear is the perfect choice. During Spring and Autumn MINI A TURE thermal wear or softshell is a perfect outerwear solution. In addition, you should consider a set of rainwear, which can easily be packed in the child's backpack.
Especially during winter, it is important to keep small heads and hands warm with hats, gloves, or mittens. A baclava hat is indispensable for the little ones, as it covers the entire head and neck without falling off. To keep the little hands dry and warm regardless of the weather, we recommend gloves or mittens with the same high waterproof rating (WP) as our winter jackets and snowsuits.
BASIC ITEMS – UNDERWEAR & NIGHTWEAR
In daycare the children often have their own storage space for extra clothes and other personal items. A good idea is bringing a few extra bodystockings or underwear sets. Or some nightwear for the little nap.
SEE OUR RANGE OF UNDERWEAR & NIGHTWEAR
BASIC ITEMS – TOPS & BOTTOMS
Growing up and developing means that the children must explore eating and drinking themselves. Sometimes a little accident occurs along the way, and it will be a good idea to bring extra clothes, e.g. an extra sweater or sweatshirt and maybe a small fleece if the weather gets colder.
SEE OUR RANGE OF TOPS & BOTTOMS
Make sure to write your child's name on the name tags inside the clothes. This way you avoid the clothes disappearing in the crowd or to come home with another child's clothes because something has been mixed by mistake. All MINI A TURE's clothes include name tags where you can write your child's name.
We have made a small and simple list, with the clothes that your child will typically need when starting daycare. Before your child starts, it may be a good idea to contact the specific daycare to find out what clothes they recommend, as this may vary from place to place.
- Wind and waterproof outerwear. We recommend MINI A TURE classic outerwear. Choose a snowsuit for the youngest children and two-piece outerwear for children who can take the clothes off and on themselves. MINI A TURE snowsuits are popular up to the age of 8.
- An extra set of rainwear is always nice to have in the closet.
- Transitional clothing. A set of MINI A TURE's thermal wear or softshell is perfect for Spring and Autumn.
- Choose a hat in a quality that suits the season. We recommend MINI A TURE hats in organic cotton for Spring / Summer and merino wool for Autumn / Winter.
- We recommend MINI A TURE classic mittens that are waterproof, windproof, and breathable.
- Extra clothes / tops and bottoms. We recommend MINI A TURE sweatpants and a sweat or knit sweater.
- Extra clothes / underwear. We recommend MINI A TURE bodystockings for the smallest children and two-piece underwear for children from approx. 2 years.
- A night set for the little nap.